INDIVIDUAL MEDICARE NEWS (MA/MAPD, PDP): December 18, 2017
- Happy holidays
- Premium payment options for members
- 2018 coupon books—Top 5 things you need to know
- Deadline to recertify for renewals is December 31
Thank you for your business during 2017, and for your ongoing commitment to serving our Medicare members. We wish you and your families a happy and healthy holiday, and look forward to growing our business together in 2018. Happy holidays from Aetna Medicare!
Premium payment options for Medicare members
Members have a choice in how they pay their monthly plan premium, and they select their method of payment on the enrollment form. They can choose between an automatic deduction from a bank account (we call this EFT), a coupon book payment (i.e., direct pay), and an SSA deduction. The method of payment pays the monthly plan premium, as well as any late enrollment penalty and premium for Optional Supplemental Benefits, if applicable.
2018 coupon books for premium payment are in the mail
Members who select to pay premiums by coupon book (i.e., direct pay) will receive a coupon book in the mail. Here are the top 5 things you need to know about this method of payment:
- When members select to pay by coupon book, we don’t send them a monthly bill. Members need to remember to send in payment on their own each month by mailing in a check and a payment coupon, or they can pay their premium online.
- Payment is due on the first day of each month. If we don’t get their payment by the 10th of the month, they’ll get a reminder notice.
- Members have the option to make a single payment for the entire 2018 plan year instead of making monthly payments. They just need to use the pre-payment coupon at the back of their coupon book; it shows the plan premium amount due for the entire year.
- Members and their spouse can send one check to pay their plan premiums. But they just need to include both payment coupons. Otherwise, the payment will only go to one account.
- Members can change their method of payment to EFT at any time by calling the number on their member ID card
Deadline to recertify for renewal payments is Dec. 31
If you’re just looking to maintain your existing book of business without selling any 2018 effective business, don’t forget that you still need to complete the annual certification process by December 31 to receive renewal commissions in January.
If you recertify after December 31, renewal commission payments to you will resume the first month after certification is complete. You will not be eligible for any missed commission payments during your lapse period. For details on requirements to receive renewal commissions, please refer to the Aetna Medicare Producer Guide.
How to check status of applications on Producer World
Step 1: Log into Producer World.
Step 2: Select “Individual Medicare” in the black bar at the top.
Step 3: Next, click the “Reports” tab in the middle of the page.
- For Aetna application status, click the orange “Access Aetna Reporting” button. From there you can view the Pending Application report for pending applications or the Medicare Book of Business report for approved/enrolled members.
- For Coventry application status, click the orange “Access Coventry Reporting” button. Next, you’ll need to login to App Tracker with your Coventry agent writing number and password. Then select the “Reports” tab to pull the various Coventry report options.