Western Catholic Union (WCU) has made the decision to increase its strategic focus on our life insurance and annuity product lines. Due to this increased focus on these product lines, WCU is withdrawing from the Medicare Supplement business. This change is effective March 1, 2019.
While this change impacts agents currently appointed to sell the WCU Medicare Supplement product, there is absolutely no impact on existing business. WCU will continue to service all existing policies by providing the high level of service that certificate holders and agents currently receive.
As this change is implemented, there are several key dates and milestones.
- Commission advancing is discontinued as of the date of this communication. Commissions associated with business issued after this communication will be paid on an as earned basis.
- Commissions will continue to be paid as earned for all previously issued business.
- All new agent contracting ceases as of the date of this communication.
- Medicare Supplement contracts and/or appointments for all contracted agents will be terminated between June 15, 2019 and June 30, 2019.
- Agents contracted with WCU to sell both Medicare Supplement and WCU’s other product lines will only have their Medicare Supplement contract terminated. The agent’s WCU appointment remains in force in accordance with the WCU Life and Annuity contract.
Medicare Supplement Applications
- In order for agent distribution business to be processed and issued, applications for prospective certificate holders must be signed, dated, and received by WCU in its administrative office by March 1, 2019. Any new applications, including plan changes, received after March 1, 2019 will be returned. WCU’s administrative office may be contacted as follows:
- Telephone: 1-855-406-9083
- Facsimile: 1-855-414-1099
- Mail: P.O. Box 14007, Clearwater, FL 33766-4007
- No agent distribution business will be issued after March 15, 2019. This means that all pended business submitted prior to March 1, 2019 must be resolved and finalized within 15 days or the business will be withdrawn.
Certificate holders will continue to have the option to apply for reinstatement of a lapsed policy in accordance with policy provisions, provided an application for reinstatement with all premium due, is received within 60 days from the last paid-to-date. After 60 days, coverage will not be available.
WCU apologizes for any inconvenience this may cause. Your support and business with WCU is greatly appreciated. If you have any questions regarding this transition as well as for any existing policies, please contact us at 1-855-406-9083.
This communication supersedes all prior communications from WCU.