Medicare Producer News
Individual MA/MAPD: January 16, 2019
Don’t worry, Walmart is still an in-network pharmacy for 2019 MAPD and PDP products
CVS Health recently announced that Walmart has opted to leave its pharmacy network for Commercial and Medicaid plans. As stated in the press release, this has no impact on Medicare plans. Please let your clients know:
- There’s no impact to our Medicare pharmacy network.
- Walmart continues to participate in the pharmacy network for our Medicare Advantage plans (MAPD), Prescription Drug Plans (PDP), Dual-eligible Special Needs Plans (DSNP) and Employer Group plans.
- Walmart continues to be a preferred pharmacy for any Medicare Advantage plans that offer a preferred pharmacy network, as well as for Aetna Medicare Rx Saver (PDP) and Aetna Medicare Value Plus (PDP) plans.
- Walmart will remain an in-network, non-preferred pharmacy for the Aetna Medicare Rx Select (PDP) plan.
- Aetna Medicare members can continue to receive their medicines at Walmart or at any of our 65,000+ network pharmacies nationwide.
If members have any questions, they can call Member Services using the number on their member ID card.
Tips to support and retain your Medicare clients
Get moving with the SilverSneakers fitness benefit
Did you know? Members of 2019 Aetna and Aetna Coventry Medicare (MA/MAPD) plans can get a FREE fitness membership at over 15,000 SilverSneakers® participating locations nationwide. Review FAQs and learn how members can sign up. Plus, download a flyer from Aetna Medicare Marketing Studio to share with your clients.
SilverSneakers + CollegeSave = Tuition savings
Through SilverSneakers’ partnership with CollegeSave1, 2, members can save thousands (up to $4,000 the first year) on tuition at select colleges/universities for their loved ones — simply by working out at a participating SilverSneakers location. Encourage current members to find out more at http://collegesave.org/silversneakers.
New marketing and retention materials on Studio
We’ve added new 2019 age-in materials to the Medicare Marketing Studio (the Studio) to help you sell year-round. You can find member retention, education, appointment, and lead generation material. Plus, we’ve also added Special Election Period (SEP) materials for affected markets. You can also download flyers to help engage and retain existing members. You’ll find flyers for topics such as:
- OneTouch® diabetic supplies
- Resources For Living®
- SilverSneakers, and more
When do members get a member ID card?
When members enroll in a new Aetna or Aetna Coventry MA/MAPD or Part D plan, or when something about their existing plan changes (i.e., the plan name or copay amount), we send them a new ID card by mail.
Members can also view or print a copy of their member ID card, or request a new card by mail, through their secure member website.
Members can find help with Resources For Living®
Resources For Living® can quickly help connect our members and their caregivers to resources in their community. With one phone call, members can get help finding local services and programs that can help make their life a little easier. Resources For Living can help:
- Research caregiver support options
- Explore senior housing, adult day care
- Find support during a natural disaster
- Find contractors to do some work around the house and more
Save on diabetic supplies with OneTouch®
Members can save money on diabetic supplies with OneTouch by LifeScan. As our exclusive manufacturer for diabetes supplies, OneTouch offers 2019 MA/MAPD plan members meters and test strips for $0 cost share. They also offer other diabetes supplies like lancets, lancing devices and solutions for $0 cost share.
Do your clients have questions? They can call us
For help with any MA/MAPD/PDP plan-related questions, encourage members to contact our Member Services team by calling the phone number on their member ID card. The Member Services team is available 7 days a week, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.