MO South Agents, included below is an overview of the steps agents can take to present and enroll prospects into a UHC MAPD via computer or telephonically! It is also found by clicking the The new Virtual Appointments & Enrollment job aid.
What if the consumer does not have access to the internet? Scope of Appointment and Enrollment forms can be sent via mail for signature. In the event that using mail does not meet the desired effective date, agents may use the following process for consumers without internet access:
- Following your needs analysis conversation, direct the consumer to call 855-572-3837. Inform your consumer that the representative will repeat some of the questions in order to meet all compliance requirements.
- Email email@example.com to indicate your consumer was unable to electronically sign documents and completed the application telephonically instead. Include name of prospect, date of presentation/referral to telesales, agent name, and writing ID. This will help ensure your commission payment and Agent of Record status.
Partner in Care Resources for You
UnitedHealthcare wants to ensure you have ways to continue to serve your members and grow your business during this time of “social distancing.” They’ve enhanced their virtual one-on-one appointment tools and highly encourage you to not conduct appointments in person at this time. New tools available include:
- The new Virtual Appointments & Enrollment job aid includes requirements to set up telephonic appointments, as well as steps agents should take in those appointments from obtaining the scope of appointment to outlining plans, conducting enrollment via LEAN and next steps.
o For consumers without access to the Internet, an alternative process that will be in effect through April 30, 2020 is included.
- UnitedHealthcare’s Clarity Guide, Dual Special Needs Plan (DSNP) Consumer Guidebook and AARP® Medicare Supplement Sales Presentations are now available online via the UnitedHealthcare Toolkit. These resources can be used for one-on-one appointments to help walk consumers through plan details.
- As a reminder UHC also has a number of virtual trainings available about resources you can use today. Visit Jarvis for on-demand learning so you can feel comfortable using virtual tools like:
UHC Producer Help Desk (PHD) also remains open as usual to answer your questions via phone, virtual chat and email. Please feel free to reach out to PHD or to your agent manager as well as Osborn Insurance Group staff for any questions.
Partner in Care Resources for Members
This week UnitedHealthcare also shared new resources that expand access to care, and provide support and resources to help our members during this unprecedented time. These actions expand access to:
- Testing and Medical Care Related to Testing. In addition to continuing to waive costs for COVID-19 testing provided at approved locations, UHC will waive copays, coinsurance and deductibles for visits associated with COVID-19 testing whether care is received in a physician office, urgent care center or emergency department for all Medicare Advantage members. Any additional coverage for treatment for COVID-19 is administered according to benefit plans including applicable cost sharing.
- Medication. Eligible members needing help obtaining an early prescription refill can call the customer care number located on their medical ID card.
- Virtual Care for Highest-risk Members. UHC is rapidly expanding access to our personalized digital platform which is available on the member website for those who need it most. The interactive platform provides the most up-to-date information about prevention, coverage, care and support needed to rapidly assess symptoms, schedule an in-person or a telehealth visit with their provider, talk to a nurse, refill or schedule home delivery for prescriptions and access 24-hour emotional support.
UHC is also deploying new technology solutions and have established navigation support programs for members who are under home isolation due to COVID-19. More information UHC is providing consumers as this situation continues to evolve is available here.