Medicare Producer News
Individual MA/MAPD: February 21, 2019
- New welcome/onboarding program
- New CMS Medicare ID numbers are here
- Saving money with preferred pharmacies
- Member meetings — Encourage your clients to attend
- Compliance tips for sales and marketing events
New welcome/onboarding calls help members engage with their plan early
Did you know? All 2019 Aetna and Aetna Coventry Medicare members now receive a welcome call from an Aetna onboarding representative after they enroll. During the call, we review the member’s provider network, formulary medications, pharmacy network, and 2019 plan benefits. To learn more about what members can expect after they enroll, just visit aetnamedicare.com.
New CMS Medicare ID numbers are here
Make sure all your enrollment applications are processed efficiently, without delays, by including your clients’ new Medicare number. The Medicare number is a CMS-assigned number that can be found on your client’s new Medicare card. You’ll need to copy this number exactly as it appears. What does the new Medicare ID number look like?
Preferred pharmacies can help members save money
Members can save money when they fill prescriptions at one of over 18,500 preferred pharmacy locations nationwide.
This month, many members are receiving a letter illustrating how much they could save at a preferred pharmacy. The letter will be sent to those who have a preferred pharmacy benefit that used a standard pharmacy (non-preferred) pharmacy to fill certain prescriptions in January. The letter outlines:
- How much money the member can save in 2019, by using a preferred pharmacy for the drugs they’ve already filled.
- Up to three preferred pharmacies near the member’s residence.
- How to take advantage of preferred prices through mail order delivery.
Here’s an excerpt from the letter. The highlighted items will be customized for each member.
Encourage your clients to attend a member meeting
We’re hosting member meetings in several markets across the country in February, March and April. And we hope you’ll encourage your MA/MAPD clients to attend! At these events, members will learn how to make the most of their Aetna or Aetna Coventry Medicare plan. Members will learn: ways they can save money on health care, how to use their wellness benefits, and helpful tips and services.
Compliance connection: Keeping compliant during events
Sales/marketing events and educational events help inform prospects about 2019 Aetna and Aetna Coventry MA/MAPD plans. Below are a few helpful reminders and best practices to help you stay compliant when hosting an event.
- If you cancel an event, make sure you notify the event venue, your local Aetna Medicare sales team and, if applicable, your upline. (If you’re cancelling a retail event, you’ll also need to cancel the event in the retail database.)
If you’re running late for your event, in addition to letting your upline (if applicable) and the venue know, let your local Aetna Medicare sales team know! They’ll update your event in Salesforce for you. It’s important that you’re onsite and ready for your event prior to the reported scheduled start time.
- If your event has a sign-in sheet, it needs to include the CMS disclaimer in large letters across the top— even if you’re just asking agents for their first name. The CMS disclaimer is: Completion of any contact information is optional.
- Remember, you can’t require potential members to fill out a Scope of Appointment form when they attend a formal or informal marketing/sales event. CMS considers this as pressuring potential members for personal contact information.
During your event, make sure you state that both premiums (Medicare Part B and MA plan, if applicable) must continue to be paid.
- Double check your enrollment kits and make sure they include the 2019 Star Rating sheet.